Welcome to LEAD (Learners and Educators of Atlanta and Decatur)!
LEAD is an inclusive, secular, not for profit, homeschool group, offering classes, support, and a variety of social and extracurricular activities to homeschoolers throughout metro Atlanta since 2000.
We host weekly a la carte classes for all ages -- preschool through adult -- at our class location in Avondale Estates. New members are invited to come out and meet us during a class day before signing up, but you must contact us first to let us know when you will be coming. Our classes are for members only, and require pre-registration. Please do not come to classes without being registered!
Please Note the Following:
• We are NOT a school; we do not require uniforms; our classes are not accredited. LEAD classes are meant to supplement the homeschooling work that families do at home.
• We do not have an administrative staff. Our Board members and volunteers are LEAD parents who are homeschooling their own children. Their time is donated; they are not paid for the work they do for LEAD.
• We do not follow a particular curriculum. Each teacher decides what their class will be and the lessons that will be followed. Our class descriptions can help you figure out if a class is a good fit for your child.
• Our classes are taught by homeschooling parents or instructors from the community, not certified teachers. If your child has learning or behavioral challenges, please let our instructors know before signing them up for classes. Not all of our classes will be a good fit for every student.
• LEAD teachers are not employed by LEAD; they are independent contractors, offering their classes through our group.
Additionally, because we are NOT a school, LEAD classes are not drop off for kids under 13! Parents must stay onsite while they are participating in classes or LEAD activities.
Kids 13 and older may be dropped off for class, but must have a way to reach their parent in case of emergency, and are required to follow LEAD's standard behavior expectations while unsupervised; parents who drop off for classes are expected to be back to pick up their teens before the end of the class day.
Please look over the site to learn more about LEAD. For more information, check out our FAQ page.
To join LEAD or renew your membership for the 2016-2017 year, click "Join" at the top of the page. Our membership fee is $35 and should be paid through our PayPal page after submitting your membership request form. Families can join at any time during the year, but memberships must be renewed every July, and the membership fee is not prorated. Memberships started or renewed now are good through summer 2017. LEAD Members have access to our Google group forum, field trips, classes and so much more! You MUST be a current LEAD member in order to register for classes.
Class registration for Fall 2016 is now closed. Classes started August 22. Our Spring semester schedule will be posted in October, and that registration will open in November. Thanks!
~ The LEAD Board of Oversight